Wood Paint & Wood Oils
Supplier of Wood Paint & Wood Oil Solutions
Mega Automotive Paints in Roodepoort specializes in stocking only the highest quality in wood paint, wood oils and stains.
We love wood and therefore believe that only the best should be used to bring out the true beauty of Mother Nature.
We don’t just sell paint we also provide expert technical advice. Our sales team can assist you in selecting the right paint, oils or stain to make every wood project a masterpiece.
Contact our Roodepoort Branch now.
Some of Our Best Seller Wood Paints & Oils:
Luxor Woodlux Range
Luxor Woodlux Acid Catalyst
The Woodlux range of Acid Catalyst (AC) products is based on a blend of alkyd and urea-formaldehyde resins which creates a fast curing lacquer when catalysed.
These wood paint products are available in a range of gloss finishes (gloss, silk, sheen, satin and matt) as well as primers.
Once catalysed, the lacquer will cure employing solvent evaporation as well as a chemical reaction which involves the cross-linking of molecules to form a hard, tough and chemically resistant film.
Luxor Woodlux Acid Catalyst provides good resistance to water spotting and cracking and is recommended for interior use only.
Nitrocellulose is a fast-drying solvent-based spray.
Solvent-based lacquer is extensively used in the furniture industries and therefore well known. The cured NC lacquer film is hard and durable, yet flexible and can easily be polished to a beautiful high gloss when cured.
Woodlux Nitrocellulose is suitable for use over the following finishes:
- Cellulose Sanding Sealer
- Tinted (Coloured but see-through)
- Nitrocellulose Lacquers
- Solid Colour Cellulose Paints
- Metallic Cellulose Paints
Woodlux Universal Stains
These stains can be sprayed, ragged, dipped and brushed. They may be used as a penetrating stain or as a matching stain. Woodlux Universal Stains may also be used to tint Luxor AC and NC clear lacquers.
Rubio Monocoat Wood Finishes
Rubio Monocoat is recommended when it comes to high quality and environmentally friendly wood protection.
Due to its advanced molecular bonding technology, it has the following qualities:
- Durable colour and protection of the wood in one single layer.
- The first and only oil in the world that doesn’t contain VOCs or water.
- Very easy to apply and maintain.
- Can be applied to all types of wood.
- A great selection of 40 standard colours to choose from.
- Minimal use: 30 - 50 m²/litre.
- Water-resistant, ideal for kitchens and bathrooms.
- A short ‘dry’ maintenance period: after 5 days, the surface can be cleaned with water and soap.
Monocoat Unique Characteristics
Monocoat Unique colours
The unique wood oil pigment technology allows an intense and deep colouring in one single layer, without compromising the natural look and feel of the wood.
One single layer
The consumption is much lower than for a traditional system. This results in a durable colouring and protection in one single layer. Once the fibres are bonded with the wood oil, the wood doesn’t absorb any surplus product - which makes a second layer unnecessary.
Monocoat's Durable protection
The molecular bonding creates durable, long-lasting protection. To obtain this molecular bonding it is very important to respect a reaction time of a few minutes. The better the fibres are bonded, the stronger the protection will be.
Easy to maintain and to repair
Surfaces treated with Monocoat oil are easy to maintain and isolated scratches or damaged areas are very easy to repairable.
Once all free cellulose fibres are molecularly bonded, the surplus product will no longer be accepted by the wood or the bonded Monocoat layer itself. This is why overlaps or starting marks are avoided.
Monocoat Oil Plus 2C
New generation: with drying accelerator. Monocoat Oil Plus 2C is available in 40 different colours. The wood is coloured and protected in one single layer without compromising the natural feel and look. The colours can also be mixed.
Rubio Monocoat (RMC) DECKING OIL 2C
Transparent oil finish.
The unique characteristics of the RMC Decking Oil Duo System are:
- Spectacular penetration of the colour pigment employing the nanotechnology of the RMC Sunprimer Color.
- Durable protection by the molecular bonding of the RMC Decking Oil 2C (1 layer).
- Mould & water-resistant, breathing.
- High protection against the effect of UV rays.
- Prevents discolouring and flaking.
- 0% VOC: eco-friendly.
- Suitable for thermally treated wood.
- Quick hardening: water-resistant after 24 hours.
- RMC Sunprimer Color is available in a wide range of standard colours.
- Also suitable for industrial applications, both with oxidative and UV drying systems.